Posts are the means through which each GAD author will contribute to the GAD BLOG. Posts are entries that display in reverse order on our GAD BLOG page. Posts usually have comments fields beneath them for others to engage in discussion or comment upon what has been posted.
To write a post:
- Log in (using your e-mail address and password assigned to you as a GAD editor or author) to the WordPress Administration Panel (Dashboard).
- Click the ‘Posts‘ tab found on the left of the dashboard screen or by clicking on the ‘New’ tab (then posts) at the top of your screen.
- Click the ‘Add New‘ sub-tab.
- Start filling in the blanks: FIRST enter your post title (the dictionary item you have written about) in the upper field where it says: ‘Enter title here’. SECOND enter ‘By’ plus your name in the box at the bottom of the page entitled ‘Excerpt’. THIRD enter the definition you have written in the main post editing box. FINALLY above your defnition, add ‘First posted’ with the date.
- In the ‘Categories’ section mid way down the page on the right hand side, click the category ‘GAD BLOG’ – a blue tick will appear.
- When you are ready, click the blue button on the right of your screen Publish. You can review what you have posted by clicking on Review, the plain button just above the publish button.